Yesterday I made an other writing case and this time it is for me! Not that I have a lot of time to sew for myself in the moment, but I needed a writing case to show to potential clients and I can use it in the meantime :-)
Since I made this case, I had already requests for some others.
I cut of a very nice batik fabric that I have since years only using it in very small pieces. The closing and decoration button have been made by my sister in law.
For stabilization I used a A5 Ring binder where I took of the binding mechanism. (22x24cm) For the closure I now wished I had used velcro, this is a more stable way to close the case, but when I looked at it before putting all pieces together I didn't want anything to destroy the flower look and a button seamed to be lighter.
Inside on the right I have a college block for commands, things I have planned, lists of material, ... On the left there are three slots for putting in papers, cards, advertising, ... Also there are two possibilities to fix pencils. I tend to note everything on little scrap papers and often I have to search for them in the chaos of my sewing room - now everything could be in order (if I get used to put everything always in the new case)