I like triangles! Whenever I look for more or less traditional patchwork blocks, I like those containing triangles best. And every time it takes so much more time than I have to make them.
- I cut a bunch of triangles in the chosen colors. The yellow/orange ones I have counted, the blue ones not, probably I have to cut more during this project.
- I sew two of them on the long edge together to get again a square (and no, I don't like the method to sew two times diagonal over two squares and cut later in the middle). I then have a long chain of triangles.
- Cutting of the threads and the seam allowance that is passing the border of the square.
- Sewing two squares together to get a rectangle
- Cutting little blue squares and larger yellow/orange ones
- Sewing together the parts to get a star, with one more ironing step in between and in the end.
Yeah!! Yippie!! I have 6 nice stars! :-)
But now I have to do the same again, as I need 12 stars for the planned Quilt :-(