Monday, 22 September 2014

Finally ...

After the teacher of my youngest asked me for the fourth time, when my son would bring his painter's smock (I googled the word and hope it is the right translation), I had the necessary motivation to make one. 
As the one from last year is already much too small for my son (or he is to tall for it), I took this time an old shirt of his dad, without cutting it smaller. I took the collar off and then I had to do something for the sleeves. Of course I cut off about 2/3 of the length, but they have been still very wide. Last time I put in an elastic straps, but then I saw this post and thought immediately this is a great idea! Mine isn't by far as pretty as that one, but I think it will do it's purpose. Also I won't see my son in it, he is willing to wear it, the teacher is happy and I got one thing less on my I-don't-want-to-do-list, so I am happy too!
This has been a very quick photo before we left for school today. He can wear it also reverse, then the teacher has just to close one button on the back side.

And now I have to tidy up my sewing room. Not that it made a lot of mess to sew this smock, but tomorrow we will have new house guests and the official name of my sewing room is guestroom! Our poor guests are having less and less space in it, even when it is tidied up - sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment