Tuesday 13 April 2021

Oktober 2020 on #Instagram

 

Made this simple backpack as an example!
I know the relation between front pocket and bag size especially the bottom is not correct. It is because the first bottom part that I used had been much larger, but looking at it in daylight showed me mismatching colours so I changed it and then had a calculation error while cutting 🙈
As it should serve only as an example I don't mind too much!
The front pocket is closed by scratch!


Crazy bag number 2 finally finished!!! Yeah!! 
 


I somehow run out of steam during the making and the project lay for weeks and month on my sewing table gathering dust looking reproachful at me every time I sewed something else!
In the end it took only a couple of hours to finish!
From the lining and stability I am very satisfied, but I like the outside (the crazy patchwork) of my first one better. You can see no 1 here.
On one spot I added a rosette. This is decorative but mainly for hiding a hole in the patchwork ;)

Pumpkin and snail on my frontstep!

Who remembers making those bracelets all the time as a teenager? I always fixed them like that onto my trousers! Did them also in school sometimes 😉
This one I only started as an example and now I finish it while waiting to the end of son no2 music lesson. Outside it's raining hard, so I can't do my usual walk!

Vampire (the very first one I ever made!) 🧛‍♂️
I asked last week what the kids wanted to do for Halloween craft (I know it is still a while until Halloween, but vacations starts already next week) and they said they wanted to make vampires!
🤯
I never had anything to do with vampires! I didn't even read vampire books when there were this vampire hype last decade 🙈 and I only know one Disney film!
I searched the internet for inspiration but finally made my own vampire. I think his face is a bit clown, because of the mouth, but not possible to change any more.
I was very relieved the kids accepted this as a great vampire project today. Swipe over to see their creations!
Head is a slice of a fat branch on a stick and the ears are flat dowels from my husband workshop (but not all kids wanted ears) the cape is a garbage bag!

Have a nice Sunday!
My autumn couch table decoration: mushrooms 🍄 that I made 10 years or so ago for my late grandma, wooden squirrels 🐿, felted acorns 🍁(also several years old) and fabric leaves🍂!
In the background our cat Lucy who adds always a cosy touch to our home!

Stamping 🍁 on the simple paper envelope I used for wrapping up a gift for a friends birthday!
It's a rubber stamp I carved last year!

🍂 crown/circle for the window!
This I made already some weeks ago for a crafting class, but found it very hard to photograph.
I found the idea on pinterest. Quite easy: it's pressed leaves between two layers of self adhesive foil! During the crafting class we only had one accident with a foil rolling up and sticking to itself.
On the second picture you can see a single leaves I covered with foil scraps.


Wreaths from hop
We had the nicest autumn weather today. My husband cut down the hop plants in our garden and son no2 and I transformed most of it into a collection of wreaths! While our cat played with leaves moving between the sticks!
I never before used hob for wreaths, but it's great to bend and very smooth. I just hope that it will dry and not rot ;-)
I love to make wreaths and I like to use them simple or decorated or use them as basic for crowns ...

Front door decoration!
I cleaned off sand, dry leaves and a bunch of spiderwebs only to hang up my own spiderweb 😆
As nobody would see a Halloween decoration (lockdown), I didn't feel like it and only added the spiderweb I crocheted some years ago to my autumnal front step!

No comments:

Post a Comment