Monday 5 April 2021

July - August 2020 #Instagram

Hello! - Is there someone still looking? 

Some thoughts after using only Instagram for half a year:

It has been a while now where I only used Instagram. Yes, my idea was right, it is much easier and faster to post photos and tell what I do, so I do it much more regularly than I ever did here on my blog. 

BUT: I don't like the short life of a Insta-post. The most are only looked at when they are fresh, so after a week already no one notice anymore what you did, except in rare cases where someone found your photo over a hashtag search. I know that there are lots of people only looking at the photos and not even reading the text. I don't like that you can't put a link to a source of inspiration. I try to explain always where I found my ideas, but if someone don't read the text he might not notice and I feel like stealing the honor. 

I will anyway continue, as Instagram is now one of the most common social media platforms and I got over likes the feeling that there is someone interested in what I'm showing, than here in the blog where there are very few comments!

To safe the photos and ideas a little longer, I will repost my pictures and texts here. Give me a while to catch up with the last month and then there might be regular updates.


"Bienvenue" at Jane_lost_in_ideas!
Can there be any better theme than this sign I made as an example for my summer crafting class... ?
It's a simple plank that I dyed, drilled holes in for fixing some marbles. The painting is acrylic colour and for the letters I used 10cm high stencils.
It's decorative, but the wind tipped it over several times so I added a hook on the backside and fixed it to the balustrade!


After 3month (or so) I finally finished yesterday my second crazy patchwork!
I now only have to transform it into a tote-bag like the one you can see in this post


Snake coming out of the lake - I made that one while my boys where bathing in the lake. I love to sit on the side and finding stones and sometimes ideas!


Painted stone! He is nearly ball shaped, only one little flat spot, so it can't roll. Will be a gift for >?<


In July I held some summer-crafting-camps for my association CréaFarges.
One day we made stepping stones for the garden. Beton filled in trivets (~32cm diameter) and mosaic from dish-fragments and glass marbles. Of course smashing the dishes had been a highlight for the kids 😅
This is my example and if you want to see some more I made years ago for my mom you have to look at my blog: http://janelostinideas.blogspot.com/2014/04/stone-patchwork-mosaic.html?m=0. 😉
My garden is so incredibly dry! Normally on this spot there should be plenty of plants around and I put the stone to not kink them 😕

Any guesses what this might be? 🤔

(Solution: it's my dessert - icecream ball with BlackBerry-plum-compott 😋)

Again painting on a stone - this time during vacationat my parents where I found this stone already undercoated in black:
Picture on the left shows what I tried first, but then I had the feeling the dotted lines are not enough so I added the white zones. Not sure it was a succes!?

Drawing flowers on a paper that I made myself from toilet paper earlier this summer.
There is only one insect with all those flowers! Can you find it?



Have a look at my latest doodle 🙂
On the last picture you can see how the paper looked before. After using a paint roller I always use the color that is still in the foam rubber to decorate some papers. This are stamps from the end of the roll after using it for pink and blue!
The paper accompanied me for some days and I drew whatever came to my mind when passing it.
No purpose - only for fun!
On Instagram I had also a video wandering through the drawing!

The summer is taking a pause and we had a very much needed rain yesterday and today it's fresh so I can finally wear the jeans that I lengthened sometime in spring!
I have very long legs, what might be great for models, but not for normal women, because it's very hard to find long trousers! (Especially if you want them in bootcut too 🙈)
This pair I cut about 8cm from the lower hem and put a 5cm wide stripe in. I choose a cotton fabric (it's one of the nicest fabrics I have ❤) and as it's not as thick as the jeans I doubled it with a more stable scrap fabric. As you can see on the last picture it had been already washed two or three times 😉

New long-term-project: Progress of this weekend!
I ❤ crocheting before knitting, so much faster 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment