Wednesday 18 March 2020

Crazy tote-bag - bag-sewing 5/2020

Initially I only wanted to make an example of "patch-as-you-go" to show my students that seams are stabilizing even soft fabrics a lot. This is why the backside is molleton. Later I wished I had taken two layers or something more stable, because it was so much fun sewing with all this scraps and I wanted it to make a real project and not only an example.
(click for bigger view)
Isn't it gorgeous! I love it! 
The piece is about 42x110cm.
The crazy scraps are built around some left-over blogs I had. You can see a pinwheel, two flying geese, 4 blocks of 9patch and a zig-zag-piece.
Most fabrics are only once in the whole patchwork! I only used scraps! I didn't cut any pieces from a bigger fabric than 20x20cm. Funnily my scrap drawer isn't much emptier ... need to make some more of those projects ;-)

I transformed it into a tote-bag! 
Looking different from every angle :-)


I'll do another one and this time directly on a stiffer support than molleton, so I can spare the linning. Here I used the most stable cotton canvas I had to give enough stability.
The bottom is made the same way as for my stripy-totes.

Do you like it too? Need to start very soon with the next one!

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment