Tuesday 6 April 2021

September 2020 #Instagram

 
This is the second jeans that I lengthened!
I showed you my way some days ago. This way I saw on pinterest. Look for "lengthen trousers by adding a cuff". I really like this method as it is nearly invisible! And because normally I don't have trousers that are too long and needs to be rolled up 😉

Maritime still life!
This has been all summer the decoration on my couch table! Nature is turning quickly into fall and I soon need to think of something more seasonal. But not jet! This weekend is announced to be summer like again!
Stones painted by me - wooden fish carved by one of my sons - snail shells, stone with hole and fossil sea urchin found at the Baltic sea coast
Happy weekend to everyone 🙂☀️

This pretty bunting is a gift for a newborn 💙

Because of the very dry summer the blackberries in our region are very small and quite hard, but nevertheless the taste is good!
It took me over one hour to just find 700g! So I filled up the pot with apples, cooked it and after smoothing all through a colander, I got by chance nearly exactly the 1kg for one recipe of jam 😊
😘 Very yummy and smooth! Apples are great to put in jam if you don't have enough other fruits as in my opinion they are not changing the taste!

For my blackberry-apple jam I designed nice labels at the computer, printed them on normal printer paper and glued them with milk (!) onto the jars!
Thanks @mamas_kram: I saw this method at your account and I tried it for the first time! It worked so well! Apparently the labels are coming off very easy later. I hope for that as I hate scratching off glue remnants!

Had lots of fun making paper with both children crafting classes this week!
Step 1: ripping a roll of toilet paper into a bucket with warm water (kids think this is super funny)
Step 2: mixing the soaked paper to become a kind of ugly pulp (kids think this is disgusting but still attractive - when they put their hands in they love the smooth texture) no photo :/
Step 3: giving some of the pulp in a bigger box with more water and fishing with a frame an even layer of pulp (needs some practice) see video - we added some confetti to decorate the paper
Step 4: transferring the paper mud from the mesh on the frame to a tissue. Doing this several times and piling up the wet papers! Photo missing :/
Step 5: Pressing the stack of tissues with the wet paper between so most of the water comes out.
Step 6: hanging the tissues with the much thinner now papers pressed on them out to dry
Step 7 - my favourite: peeling of the dry papers from the tissues!
That's it!
Easy for me because my husband had a press and he also built two frames for me already in the summer when we tried several methods to make paper pulp!
And the finished toilet paper paper is really nice. Fun drawing on it (see my flower doodle some posts back)

I had a lovely afternoon with my boys at a little river!
Feeling the fresh air over the water, the sound of the river, the green filtered light through the leaves is soul food and calming down! Did you also recognize that water can wash away stress?
We had yoghurt and blueberries for picking and guess who forgot the spoons? 🙈 But we had a knife and carved some tools! They worked somehow 😊 and we had fun!

Selfmade camera strap!
Inside it's an nylon belt which you can see on both ends where are rings to fix the camera with smaller straps to. Around the belt I put one layer of thick fleece and covered it with a pretty cotton fabric. Like this it will be more comfortable to hand the camera around the neck!
It's a gift for our goddaughter who will buy herself a new camera!

Results of yesterday's crafting class!
Together we made stamps in geometric shapes from wood scraps and foam rubber. We made 4 different sets for 4 different colours.
The kids stamped castles and drew the details with black pens! They had so much fun to invent stories of what's going on in their castles and where are the bad guys and the good knights! 🗡🛡
So nice to see or better hear their over boarding imaginations 😊

Autumn wreath!
Made it from rose hips, hop, ivy flowers, moss, some poppy capsules and an other climbing plant I don't know the name of!

Manikin 😍
Aren't the two guys adorable?
Made those with the kids of my mondays crafting class as well as autumn wreaths. They managed astonishingly well the binding of the wreaths and they just loved the manikins! They bild whole families. Some wanted to attach them to their wreath. See some cute little man on the second picture!

Couldn't leave my little guy's without a home!
Made this as example for tomorrow crafting class. I'm very curious what the kids will create!
The top of the house is the tip of a wooden pole that we used for a garden project already several years ago. We just needed poles but not pointed ones, so I got lots of wooden cones. My boys used them for a while as trees in their Lego world. And now they will become fairy houses! No waste :)
 

Inspired by this weekend's skies (stormy, cloudy and lots of rain) I tried to paint clouds by dotting the colour with a little sponge.
I am not really satisfied with my picture, but today I let the kids of my crafting class do it and from 6 kids we got 6 completely different skies. Then we added dried leaves to imitate autumn trees. See the last two photos. One had been my favourite for the clouds, but in my opinion the leaves ruined the composition. The other example is the opposite: I didn't liked the clouds in the beginning, but with the trees it became a very nice picture with the illusion of wind.
Every time again fascinating to see what different hands and heads make from the same idea! Love to observe that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment