Sunday 24 June 2018

Glass covers

Do you remember the bowl covers I made a few years ago? It is one of my most frequent used sewing projects. A friend from my sewing group had now the idea to make them as glass covers with a hole for a straw, so that bugs are not falling into your drink, when you are outside. Especially useful for kids.
So last sewing session we made plenty of covers after fixing metal eyelets in the middle of each fabric disc.
For better hygiene we used oil cloth or wax coated cotton.
We bought re-usable straws to be more eco-friendly.
I made a set of covers for our family. Our glasses are having mostly no big diameter and I had some problems finding the right elastic band to make the covers fitting. This left some covers that have been too wide and so I made a set of four for a friend of mine who uses bigger glasses.
What about you? Want to try this little summer sewing project too?

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment