Saturday 23 June 2018

Picnic at the river and drawing gras

Are you children as much exhausted at the end of the school year as mine? A free afternoon that should have been calm and relaxing at home turned into quarrels and tears and nobody knew what he wanted really to do ... So I decided we needed a break in the nature to calm down! I put the boys and a little afternoon-picnic (watermelon and biscuits) in the car and headed to a spot at a nearby river where it is very nice and rarely other people. 
And it was the right decision. The boys happily played for one hour in the (ice-cold)water and I had a nice spot under the trees and did a little drawing, something I didn't do for a year or so! I just took blades of grass growing around me and drew the different types of seeds they had:
It's not my best drawings ever, but I had fun. In fact I am really bad in drawing near reality. Normally I am getting inspired by flowers and then drawing them more doodle or zentangle like. After I caught a first impression of the different grasses by pencil, I did some again with a black pen in my usual style. 

Next time I get to draw, I will collect those samples in a tangle picture with some imaginary weeds ;-) Will show you.

Then the boys came out of the water and we had picnic and lay on our backs to look into the trees and talked. Everybody in good mood again. Why don't we do this kind of things more often, instead of stressing with the all-day problems?


Everybody: enjoy the summer as much as you can!

See you soon,
A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment