Sunday 1 July 2018

Let's disco!

Younger son became lately 9 years old (can't believe how fast those years passed) and wanted to have a disco party (can't believe how grown up he is - his elder brother is still years away from dancing parties)
In a disco it has to be dark with light effects! At this time of year it is only dark in the basement (at least at a reasonable time for a kids party), so my husband and me spend lots of hours tidying up (very nice side effect, that now I have a very clean and empty basement). My husband is great with technic and electricity, so he managed to install the light and music system. I'm better in decoration, so I covered the walls (or better the shelfs around the walls) with a long blue plastic canvas and old blue curtains and old blue bedsheets. I have a box full of old fabrics that I won't use for sewing, but that helped me already within a few decoration situations.
On the canvas son-number-two and me painted with normal wall paint dancing people inspired by this artist.
Nice background, isn't it?
The kids had been really impressed with the disco feeling and had a lot of fun!


A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment