Thursday 7 June 2018

4 became 1 - Patchwork-Jeans

Life is rolling so fast, I never have time for anything. But at least it is not an illness stopping me :-) so I am not complaining.
Last weekend I attacked a project I wanted to do for a long time already. My jeans often break at the knees, so I had a stack of 5 jeans that are only useful for gardening and honestly, I am not so much gardening that I need 5 dirty trousers. 
So I choose one that had the best fit and still the best quality around the hips and cut off the legs. I used the original legs as a pattern and cut from three others the best parts to make new patchwork legs! 
It worked so well! And I love the result!

My new favourite trouser when it is too chilly for shorts or skirts!
I wondered if all those seams over the legs might not be a little uncomfortable - but not at all. I pressed them open and sew them down and I don't feel them at all. Not even where all the double seams are meeting on the inner side of the leg.

From one of the scrap jeans I keept the top half for gardening shorts. Lazy as I am I didn't hem them and only rolled up the ends. 
My elder son said that this is exactly the shorts-style at his high-school! I felt so stylish and young when he told me :-) Of course he didn't say that to my patchwork jeans! ;-) But I can see myself that it's not the nowadays style - but I don't care! I am old enough and self-confident enough to wear what I like! You too?

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment