Saturday 10 December 2016

Playing card holder

My grandma who is 101 years old, loves to play cards and she meets every second week with some other old ladies to play Canasta together. She recently broke her hand and even everything healed well, she is still a bit week with that hand and holding a hand of cards for one afternoon isn't working any more. She told me, that she now puts her cards sorted in little stacks backside up on the table when it isn't her turn, but that sounds a bit laborious to me. So I made her a card holder. Outside fabric and inside cardstock:
The holder is 22cm long. When making it, I thought that is long, but as you can see there is not much space for many cards and everyone who plays Canasta knows that you sometimes have 20 to 30 cards on your hand. So I made a second one.
When not playing you can fold the holder flat, so it is easy to store them away. 
Hopefully my grandma will find them usable when she gets them for Christmas.

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment