Normally I don't like at all to make two times the same, but as I had a lot of the "water"-fabric of this project left and our good child likes it a lot, I decided to make her also a blanket like that.
Actually only the fabric I used for the water is the same as for the last blanket. For the sky I found an other woven blanket on the flea market that fits perfect. Only now I have a new leftover of that fabric :-) Somehow it isn't easy to reduce the fabric stack.
The paper print I used last time for the boats had been too thick and the application had been a nightmare, so this time I used a patchwork coton fabric that has handwriting on it. The piecing and the application had been much easier.
I quilted some randomly wavy lines and rolling waves in the water area and some wide slopes in the sky.
The batting is light and for the back I took a light blue molleton fabric - very cosy! The finished size is 110cm x 175cm.
And now the blanket is on its way to a ninth birthday in northern Germany and digitally on its way to this link-party that is only for maritime crafting. I think this one is as maritime as it can be.