Monday 5 January 2015

Happy 2015

The year has already started for some days, but nevertheless I want to wish you a happy and healthy new year 2015!
Are you someone who are making new year resolutions? Me normally not, but for this year I made some creative resolutions anyway!

Actually it is only one that will take a big effort. I will finish the oldest UFO (unfinished object) I have! It is a bed cover that I started the year before my eldest has been born, so now the top is about 8 to 9 years old.
The middle section is patchwork and the tendrils are applicated by hand. It is about 2,50m by 3,0m. I finished the top in 2008, but hesitated since to make a sandwich and quilt it. Partly it is because there are some waves in the border and I fear that I have to open up some parts and partly it is because I still don't know how to quilt it. Do you have some ideas? 
This will be a very traditional quilt and I am not quite sure what to do with it later, because it is not at all my style any more.
Anyway, I already have (also since 2006) the batting and the fabric for the back. New mantra: "I WILL DO IT" not "I have to do it some when"

Second resolution is that I want to take some more time to do drawings! Also I would like to improve my hand writing, by maybe doing some exercises in calligraphy. 

You will think, that are not too many plans for one year, but I guess you know as well as I do, how quickly one year is over!

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment