Tuesday 1 October 2019

Autumnal table decoration

Inspired by a table decoration I made several years ago (have a look in the past), I cut some left over wood bars to 20cm pieces, smoothed them, drilled holes, put them together, add dry plants and other stuff and ... voila:
This is the colored autumn version, that I prefer. Do you like the little dancer? But of course you can stay in one color scheme: 
This is more discrete as everything is blue, beige, brown. Here I like the book-page-feathers most.
I also made sets for the kids in my crafting classes that started again in the beginning of september. The assembling was very easy for them as I did the drilling of the bigger holes. The small ones for the flowers I let them do, but it happens very quick to drill the hole through the entire bar and not only until the middle. You might have recognised the yellow pearl in my deco piece?! That is where I drilled too far ;-)
With the kids I also made fairies and feathers in two different sessions. They had a lot of fun and I love their creative and very own way to decorate. You need to have a look at their creations!
In the beginning I planned to paint the wood a bit with indian-style patterns, but already mine didn't turn out nice, so I switched to masking tape. The advantage is that I can change it, whenever I want. So I will do maybe some Christmas table deco, I will first change the tape to something winterly.

I prefer the zig-zag way of putting the table deco, but you can also line it straight or in an arc. 
Enjoy the autumn as well!

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment