Tuesday 9 January 2018

Snow flakes on sticks

I wanted to give a little "Thank you" to a friend and bought a Christmas rose (helleborus niger) for her. I love those! They are flowering in a time of the year where there are very little flowers. You can even keep them in pots and they don't mind if it's freezing cold. 
I planted it in a pot and then thought I might add some winterly decorations as well. From a thick branch of firewood I cut round slices, fixed them on sticks and painted snowflakes on them.
You have to use the color very dry and do not paint, dab the color!
There is a white snow flake on one side and a blue one on the other.
I made some sticks for me too and rearanged my front step decoration:
As I already have a very nice flowering white Christmas rose in my garden (it has been my front door decoration two years ago), I bought for me one in a different color. Very interesting flowers as they are more like bells hanging down, but not as eye catching as the white roses.

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment