Thursday 24 March 2016

Divided bag with closure

One of my sewing students asked if it might be possible to make a divided bag where each half can be closed by itself. I wouldn't have thought about a closure like she suggested, but I took the challenge and started thinking and sewing and more thinking and after a lot of fiddling I managed to finish a bag:
Don't ask me how I got the two compartments together. I just hope I remember how it worked tonight, when there is sewing class. 
By the way, my student wanted her bag to be her all-day-go-to-work-bag. She wanted it closed and divided as she had to take always a second pair of shoes with her, so it had to be big and she don't want everybody in the tram to see what else is in it. I hope I managed to invent her perfect every-day-bag. I will link it to greenfietsens bag challenge, where this month topic is the every-day-bag.
This is also the last bag I will do with this fabric. If you are following my blog since a while, you have probably seen quite some bags out of it. I found 3 or 4 meters of it a while ago in the reduced price box at the swedish furniture store and since I use it for many bags and for test objects of beginner students and finally I am really tired of it. Glad there are only very little scraps left over :-)

A bientôt,
Jane

linked at: bag-challenge-mars at greenfietsen

No comments:

Post a Comment