Saturday 21 March 2015

Memories of my old handbag

This post is in honor of my old handbag. 
I made it in the summer of 2012 and used it since. For the reasons I mentioned in the last post I made it very small, but also because we have been camping a lot in that summer and it is not practical to have a big handbag with you in a tent. Still you need to have money and papers with you. This little bag I could wear or I put it with the rest of our belongings for outdoor tours in a backpack.
You can see it is even smaller than my new one, but I never needed more space. 
I liked the orange a lot and still do. Just looking at those colors is lightening up the day. Only sometimes I had difficulties combining it with my cloth, when those contained pink or rose or violet (not very frequent and only in summer, so not bothering me much).
I also love the happy fishes. I repeated the fish motif in the quilting. Around the fishes I only quilted bubbles. 
What I like best of handbags like this: You can put them in the washing machine when they are dirty. No special treatment necessary and they look as good as new afterwards.
But two and a half years of use payed its toll. Some of the edges are rubbed through now, so it is time for the retirement of a dutiful and well used bag.
This is the most useful bag I ever made and I can only hope my new one will just last as long. 

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment