Sunday 5 January 2020

Calendar 2019 closed

I wish you a happy and healthy and creative new year!
A new year means also a new calendar. Did someone remember the calendar/journal I started last January? look here!  
I really pulled it through the hole year. It's not one of the things you start in January and then slowly forget about it until Easter!
I love the whole book. It is me the whole year! Some of the content is my very private thoughts but most of it is only notes about what I did every day.  And scraps and the little memories you forget otherwise.



Sometimes I wrote too much unnecessary stuff. And there had been unmotivated weeks where I filled out the page only on sunday with what I remembered. During vacation I wrote several more pages like a diary.


On the right side is always the calendar part on the left free space for extra thoughts or pictures or notes or sketches or left overs of crafting projects I did that same week.

The new book for 2020 is on my desk now. I hesitated to start it. I feared it might be less nice like the other one. Starting a new book gave me pressure that I had to make something even more special - more perfect. Continuing the old book had been comfortable as I only had to add another page of plenty pages. No pressure that it needs to be gorgeous as there had been already pages I like more and pages I like less.
I finally started and directly messed up the front page :-) I didn't rip it out  jet though. Will see what I can change to make it better. I started a new front page on page number two and the first week on page number 3. But with the failure on the first page the pressure was gone! 
Looking forward now to the new year and what I might put into my album. Maybe I find a more even method to structure the calendar? Maybe I don't. What I like most about this calendar or journal is that I'm thinking a bit more about the days and what happened. Sometimes time passes so quickly you can hardly follow. This book is slowing down.

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment