Wednesday 22 January 2020

Teamwork quilt

Beginning of december I did some quilting for a blanket where my cousin did the patchwork. It is for her daughter. As my cousin can't quilt, she sends it to me and I did the sandwich and quilting. It's already the second quilt we did like that! Very satisfying teamwork!
Technically my cousin isn't a very precise worker (good that nobody will ever again see the backside of the patchwork ;-) but I love this very alive and unique patchwork top!
My cousin left the choice of the pattern completely to me (Thanks for that confidence!). I had to think a while as both sides are quite different. Then I decided that on the very colorful side you will probably not see much of the quilting anyway, so I chose the blue side to be up during the quilting and took the stars into a simple overall meander quilting. I find it worked out as planned. 

I like the finished quilt, my cousin too and her daughter is happy as well! What can you ask more of a teamwork?

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment