Sunday 19 January 2020

Backpack - bag-sewing 1/2020

My first sewing project of this year had been a very spontaneous backpack. Last weekend of Christmas vacation: after breakfast I surfed a bit sur pinterest and found this photo. I Loved instantly the idea with the front pocket. Normally I don't like at all those backpacks as the strips are hurting on the shoulders when wearing them too long (only my oppinion! I know plenty of people like them, including my first son).
 I dug in my fabric stacks and found a black/golden deco fabric and a black corduroy and started immediately. I hadn't the cord or the laid or the tassel. Those I added later the week after a visit at the supply shop.
Due to the size of the fabric I had the bag isn't really big, but maybe that's better so it won't hang too heavy on the shoulders. The only problem with the corduroy is, that it is quite thick and therefore not closing very tight. I would propose to use softer fabric, than you could close it even without the stoppers on the ribbon. I have been too eager to do the sewing so I used silver eyelets, because I didn't had them in black or gold. That's about my only point of critics to this bag. 
Sewing backs had been a bit neglected in the last year. This year I want to do more and try out new ones. That's why I count the bag-projects-posts now ;-) The next 2 bags or pouches are already finished, but I'm behind with making photos and posting them. But I will soon!

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment