Monday 8 April 2019

Stamping pattern

Since a while already I wanted to create stamps that create pattern and not only single motif stamps. Finally I started and designed and carved a stamp. It is about 5x5cm.

This are the first test prints with an ordinary stamp pad.

Later I tried with acrylic paint. As stamping a bigger surface uses much paint, the acrylic paint is cheeper ;-)
Lots of fun to mix the colors.

With those prints I don't know jet what to do, but I decorated one paper, measured exactly to fit around an empty container.
The pattern fits exactly the circumference of the can. Can you see on the first photo the line where the paper ends met?

I am very happy with my stamp, only it covers a lot of surface. Initially I was thinking about a pattern, that I can stamp over an already colored background, for example water colored paper, so that the colors are shining through the print. I want print and background in balance! But doesn't matter, I will make mores stamps and show them to you :-)

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment