Wednesday 14 November 2018

New zipper solution for pouches

Look at my newest pouch! It's a toilet bag and inside and outside with wax cloth. Okay, on the outside the bottom is synthetic leather and the red braid is a cotton string, but anyway perfectly usable for wet rooms.
Those who already read other posts of me where I were talking about sewing pouches, know that I have a particular problem with the neatness of the zipper. Not sewing in the zipper - that's no problem at all - but the point where the zipper is ending in the corner of the pouch. I hate when it is clumsy or bulky or however you will call it. A few years ago I finally found a corner technique that is working for me (have a look here), but now I think this corner is even easier and hiding, or better cutting of, the ugly corner. 
In this case I used the triangles I cut off from the lining to form the bottom, but there are plenty of possibilities how to make the end-points of the zipper. The big advantage is that you have directly a handle to hold when pulling the zipper. 
Like it!
Need to make more of this ... but when???  

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment