Tuesday 26 March 2019

St. Patricks Day

Before blogging again cards with water-color ;-) I'll show you the decoration I made for the St.Patricks Day celebration in our village!
No, I am not Irish and neither is any Irish person living in our village. I think the association who organised that evening just wanted to celebrate, having life music and a good time. And when you want to celebrate in March there are only two possibilities: either carnival or St. Patricks Day.
I am not part of that association, but I know some members (logic in a small village like ours) and they asked me if I would like to assist for the decoration of the village comunity hall. Of course I liked!! 
For some weeks I was only thinking in green and started preparing. Of course I had to sew long paper garlands. They are so easy to make, but always giving a great effect and filling a wide room easily. I painted white shamrocks on every second bunting. On this photo you see me painting one garland that is supposed to be seen from the two sides, so every second bunting is turned over.
The evening before St. Patrick everyone involved and a friend of mine gathered for decoration of the hall and preparations. And this is where I forgot to take my camera and the next evening too, so I only have very bad pictures I took with my very old mobile phone :-(
Except of the garlands and of course balloons, I made some vertical garlands with green round folded fans and white discs. They were a lot of work but great to look at. They had been at one corner of the stage and on one wall.
For the table centres I had foreseen a composition like on the first picture, but we had much more tables than I expected, so it had to be spread a bit.
I am disappointed of myself for not taking better pictures, but I hope you got a little impression. I got lots of compliments for the decoration though and had a fun evening with good music (I love Celtic music - it always making you smile)

A bientôt,
Jane

I already decorated this hall several times for events from school and a gospel night (those pictures you find here)

No comments:

Post a Comment