Wednesday 25 December 2019

No green Christmas tree

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you have a wonderful time with no stress and your most loved people around!
We have my parents staying with us, who had been a bit surprised (not to say chocked) by our Christmas tree!  
We build! it ourselves the weekend of the second Advent! Husband welded three metal rods on a triangular ground plate and connected them on top. Me and the boys went to a lumbering zone where they left all the branches behind after cutting the trees. We got lots in different sizes and at home we assembled all together!
In the first moment I didn't like it too much and wasn't sure to keep it. But then very fast I got used to it. Our cat too.
I struggled a bit for decorating it. light garlands looked very odd and untidy because of the visibility of the cables. So I only put in one with warm orange light up and down the middle (the trunk). 
 
I made little buntings to hang around the tree.
Only last weekend I fixed red balls (I had to fix every single one with a thread and double knot - it took so loooong!) and with transparent thread some straw ornaments and my fabric bells.
Last step 12 real candles! For Christmas eve we always have real candles. Much more ambiance!
I really like our tree like this. For me it gives the same Christmas athmosphere like a real one, but we don't had to cut a beautiful fir-tree for only some few weeks of decoration. The last three years we had one in a pot, but it is too big now for bringing in and we planted it in summer into a friends garden.

joyeux Noel,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment