Friday 19 July 2019

Dotted stones

Already in June I started with a new stone painting method, that I saw at a neighbors house. Therefor you use small wooden sticks, toothpicks or the round head of a pin, to dot acrylic color onto stones. You can paint a foundation on the stone or leave it natural.
These are my very first ones. I liked the red one best, but I gave it away!
You have to coate the stones with a transparent varnish to make them more resistant.
Younger son liked this painting too and I had the idea that he made for each of his teachers one as a school-years-end-present.
Me too I used some as little gifts and some are still with me.
Two got a christmassy touch, I will keep them for the end of the year.
I also did thoses stones with the kids of my crafting class, but most of the kids couldn't do it as clear as required so their stones are mostly a bit messy. I don't know why! I still think this is very easy to do ... (?)
Anyway, I still have some on my desk that are waiting to be dotted and I have another idea with this technic too. You'll see :-)

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment