Wednesday 9 January 2019

Top, scarf and bonnet (not for me)

At her last stay with us my mother-in-law got interested in my overlock machine. She is a very good sewer and makes the nicest dresses and jackets for herself. She is working "old style" and very accurate. This would be way too long for me and I pay respect! I showed her my fast sewing with download patterns and my overlock. We bought a pattern she liked, but had some difficulties finding a nice jersey to test it and only bought one that she liked okay, but didn't started the sewing. 
The fabric and pattern stayed with me to wait and wait. Just before Christmas I thought that maybe it would stay with me forever and that it will be nicer if my mother-in-law will bring the next time the perfect fabric and we start a new thing. So I made the top for her. The pattern had already been glued together and cut out, so it took very short time to finish. 
I feared a bit the collar, as I've never before made a turtle-neck collar, but with the video instructions that had been with the pattern it worked perfect.
Neither the pattern nor the fabric is something I would have chosen, but the sewing where only fun!
There were left-overs from the fabric and what am I thinking of in the first place when I have a piece of jersey left? Right: a bonnet! I lined it with black sweat-shirt fabric. Cosy and warm! As there where even more left I also made a fitting scarf that closes with a button. And this duo I really like! Even with this fabric that's not my style, I would wear it!

By the way: my mother-in-law likes all three pieces and already send me pictures. They are fitting perfectly! 
:-)

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment