Wednesday 28 April 2021

November 2020 on #Instagram

Moon 🌕+ bat 🦇


Halloween project from last year!


Converting quince into ...
Got a lot of quince and what you can see on the first photo is only the outcome from half of them!
I like quice better when adding apples - the taste is still strong but more pleasant (my opinion) - so here I took the same amount of apples and pears as quince, boiled them all together, got 1l of clear juice to make jelly (left 4 jars), smashed the boiled fruits through a colander and got about 3kg (!) of purée 😱 1kg made 5 jars of jam and the reminding I cooked with lots of sugar to a jellylike mass (german: Quittenbrot, spanish: membrillo), jet it dry for one day and then stamped out very sticky hearts. 💛 Rolled in some more sugar they are very yummy sweets! Way too much for our family (we would be on sugar choc until Christmas), so I filled them in little paper bags and distributed them to all our friends and neighbor's - It's the right time to cheer up others, don't you think so?! In this way: have a lovely weekend everybody 😘


Tried out a new mask model!
It's made from two fabric circles, easy to sew and should avoid foggy glasses.
Sounds great, doesn't it?
I don't wear glasses and maybe that's my problem with this mask, because I breathe directly into my eyes (very discomforting)- but son number 2 who needs glasses in school really likes this model and I made some in his colours (white or grey).
So I will stick with the mask model I already made during the first lockdown, but if you want to give this one a try look at YouTube for "no fog circular mask tutorial" or follow this link


Hemming two stretchy trousers for a friend today!

For once I didn't had any problems with my twin needle and got 4 really nice and extensible seams.
They are looking so nice! 😍
Anyone else who gets excited about neat and even seams?


🍎🍰 Fancy apple cinnamon cake for son ❤ number1 😋

4layers: hazelnut cake + apple filling + hazelnut cake + cinnamon-mascapone-creme


I 💙 scarves!

A big one like that I wanted to see since a while! Inside fleece and outside jersey - very cozy!
Only it isn't very practical if you want to do something while wearing it as it is in your way every time you bend forward. So I will wear it mainly for walks 😉


Christmas/advent time couch table decoration 🌲🕯🌲🐿🌲🕯
Again our cat's sleeping in the background! 😴
I left the squirrels and the little manikin from the autumn table. I think hey fit also in the winter time!
Have a lovely first advent weekend 🕯

No comments:

Post a Comment