Wednesday 22 May 2019

New stamp and stamp-box

I made a new stamp! It is coming from a drawing motif I am using quite regular. Either as a flower or as a graphic element.
I used a new material. Until now I always used thick rubber mats for carving stamps. This is also rubber, but much harder and thinner. I am not sure I like it a lot. The carving is much harder, but I guess you can maybe work more precisely. The stamping isn't as easy as with the thick rubber. I think I have to glue it onto a wooden block.
The little stamp I used here for leaves had been a test, if it's possible to carve the space between the bars as precise as I can draw them. I can also use them as flames:
This is another print, I made on a water color background. The print isn't very good, but usable.

All my stamps and the stamp carving material is now tidied up in a box. My husband found this wooden case in a container to throw away at work and he rescued it for me. I had a hard time to get the rubber foam out that had been glued inside and the cover of the box is still sticky, so I glued a paper in and stamped with all of my selfmade stamps on it (only the snowflake had been bought). I divided the case in three compartments for the stamps, the ink pads and the carving material. 

A bientôt,
Jane 

No comments:

Post a Comment