Thursday 14 February 2019

Watercolor scrap cards

Last week I had a lot of fun with some watercolor test stripes. As you saw in the last post, I figured out how to use the watercolor brushes with reservoir. For that I painted some left over paper bands. They are all 3cm wide and 30cm long.
Inspired by a pinterest photo I saw, I cut them to pieces and glued them to colored cardstock, producing post-cards. Then I added some drawings with my beloved black ball-pen.
  

  

Lots of them have floral designs on them, but there are some ornamental cards too.

I think I should have drawn the circles with a model.
 I am a bit furious I messed up the signature :-(
For finding the design I always looked a while at the watercolor scrap until I had an idea about what to add. Some gave me a landscape feeling.

 This one is very small. I cut from dark cardstock the mountains and glued them in front of the sky. It's only about 5cm high.
And this is still only the 3cm stripe. I still think about cutting of the bridge as it is a bit too big in scale.
And of course there is one left for which I don't have any idea, how to modify. Maybe it stays just like this.
It's 13 cards and I love every single one! Can't even say which is my favorite. Will be difficult to part with them ;-) 

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment