Thursday 13 December 2018

Selfmade fir tree

Already last year I found a picture on pinterest of a self-made fir tree with a slight magic touch, as it's not looking natural with its bended top. This year I got loads of branches from the local recycling center, and tried out how to do a tree like that myself. Not so difficult, I managed already with the first try. Other than the ones I saw on pinterest I decided for an all natural look and decorated only with fir-cones and a wooden star.
The stars you can see below the fir are also self-made and you will see them in a post next week :-)

I love my little tree and thought others might too, so I organised crafting sessions for making fir-trees and wreaths. At two evenings in our basement several trees have been born! No one was interested in wreaths, but around a dozen little trees made the people very happy. Lot's of fun! And all trees are different!
In the end I had only fir branch leftover scraps, that partly I transformed into wreaths like those I showed in the last post. Also there had been lots of branches from a blue conifer that hadn't been very dense, so no one wanted to use them. Last weekend I took care of a friend's son and we tried together if it's possible to turn those blue branches into a tree. It worked! Friend's son and I just had different ideas on how to decorate it, so it ended a little mixed. He took it home and I have no idea how he transformed the decoration until now. Maybe I don't want to know? ;-)

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment